Wednesday 28 July 2010

Our True Calling…

Salam and greetings everyone!

I’m a B.Ed TESL student studying in UiTM City Campus, Melaka. This will be my last semester here. This is my first educational blog and it is one of the requirements for our CALL course. Since this is an educational blog, so you can expect the posts will be related to CALL and educational matters only.



Okay, I forgot to introduce you what CALL is all about. First and foremost, please bear in mind that CALL has nothing to do with mobile phones or Telecommunication Service Provider companies. CALL is an abbreviation of Computer Assisted Language Learning. In much simpler words, CALL revolves the use of computers, software, programs to assist language teaching and learning…

This term might be alien to some of us including me. During my days in school, I did not have the chance to experience CALL. Although my school can be considered as an elite school, we (students) or the teachers did not have the privilege to use computers or any kind of software to learn language. So, basically during language classes in my schools years, the only thing that is excites me was going to the SAL (Self-Asses Learning) Center where I can read books and play language games with my peers. Sad much, isn’t it? Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope that one day there will be a true CALLing and language learning will be as addictive as playing Counter Strike. *cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment